This warranty policy is issued by Latitude51 Solar and applies to solar water heating collectors purchased by original customers directly from Latitude51 Solar in Alberta. Any warranty claim for collectors purchased through independent dealers in other provinces should be directed to the dealer the client purchased the collectors through.
Installation Procedure: Upon installation of products, the installer must email Latitude51 Solar, or write to the dealer involved with the serial numbers of the products and a basic description of where solar water collectors were installed and the original customer name and address. Installation must be in accordance with the relevant good practices and local codes.
Evacuated Tube Warranty
Latitude51 Solar guarantees that the evacuated tubes in any solar collector shall be free from manufacturing defects resulting in spontaneous loss of vacuum for Ten (10) years from the date of delivery of the solar collector to the customer. To receive replacement or restitution, the customer must provide a photograph of the solar tube installed in the solar collector with the cloudy/white bottom end, and no structural tube damage, and the tubes must be removed and kept in storage for at least 90 days and made available for inspection by a Latitude51 Solar representative should it deem necessary. For any items that require a warranty replacement, it may be required that the customer return the product directly to Latitude51 Solar.
Heat Pipes Warranty
Latitude51 Solar guarantee that all heat pipes shall be free from manufacturing defects resulting in loss of heat transfer for five (5) years from the date of delivery to the customer. To receive replacement or restitution, the customer must provide a photograph of the faulty heat pipes, showing the point of failure. The heat pipe must be kept in storage for 90 days and made available for inspection by a Latitude51 Solar representative. Any items that require a warranty replacement may be required to be returned directly to Latitude51 Solar at the customers expense.
Other Product Warranty
Other products for sale through Latitude51 Solar carry a 3 year warranty unless otherwise specified.
Latitude51 Solar Dealers & Installers
All dealers are independent from each other and from Latitude51 Solar, and any warranty claims must be directed to the dealer or Installer the collectors were purchased from. Latitude51 Solar will not be liable for any warranty claims for goods purchased through Independent Dealers. All warranty is provided to the customer who originally purchased the solar collector.
Technical support will be provided by phone for items purchased directly through Latitude51 Solar. For purchases made through any independent dealers or Installers, the customer should call the Dealer / Installer they purchased the items from.
Latitude51 Solar Warranty to Dealers
Any person or company wanting to act as a dealer for Latitude51 Solar must sign a dealer agreement in order to receive warranty for items they install on any customers property.
Breeches of Warranty:
The warranty does not apply in case of:
- products used for any other purpose than their ordinary purpose.
- neglect, accident, ordinary wear and tear, damage from shipping, handling, or any act of God.
- any installation not in accordance with the appropriate Latitude51 Solar installation or any installation not in accordance with relevant standards and safety regulations.
- failure due to corrosion, rather than manufacturing defects.
- failure of any components not supplied by Latitude51 Solar.
- failure to fasten the panels securely to solid structures which may result in movement or vibration.
- exposure to wind speeds over 130 km/hour.
- structural alterations to the solar collector.
- relocation from original point of installation.
- solar collector left dry (no liquid) and left exposed to sun for 14 days or more.
- leaving a glycol system exposed to sun without having heat dissipation or hot water usage, so that the collector dry stagnates, for more than 2 days. Over heating Glycol can cause the glycol to become corrosive wich can start corroding the pipe work.
- inlet and outlet connections.
- surging huge pressures, exceeding 0.8 Mpa, through the collector.
- using large flow rates through the collector which can cause erosion.
- letting water freeze solid in pipes.
- using water which can/could result in scale formation.
- installation of collectors in series without flexibility between the panels, so that temperature changes put stress on the collectors.
- The purchaser acknowledges that the vendor does not have any knowledge or control as to when, where or how the material purchased will be installed or what the final use of the product will be. Warranty may be void if product is not installed by a licensed professional and complies with all local codes and regulations. Errors or omissions Excepted (E&OE).
A customer must notify Latitude51 Solar or the Dealer/Installer as applicable to this warranty, of any alleged defect in the product. Latitude51 Solar will investigate to determine if the warranty applies. Latitude51 Solar will have sole discretion to determine if the defect violates the warranty. The customers sole and exclusive remedy is the repair or replacement of the product. Latitude51 Solar total liability to the customer is limited to the purchase price of the product. In the event of a valid warranty claim, Latitude51 Solar will provide replacement for the the defective item free of charge for collection at the initial purchase location. Latitude51 Solar will not be liable for any consequential, indirect or similar damages, including, without limitation, any damages resulting from a breach of warranty by a product. No other warranties are expressed or implied by Latitude51 Solar, except those listed above. Latitude51 Solar disclaims any and all representations that contradict the warranty above. All customers are encouraged to print a copy of this warranty for their records.